IFI S251 Series Solid State Microwave Power Amplifier
Instruments for Industry, S251 Series Solid State amplifiers are state-of-the-art amplifiers and provide outstanding RF performance. The S251 Series amplifiers operate over the frequency range from 0.8 – 2.5 GHz and can be supplied at power levels from 10 watts to 2000 watts offering all the control and communication features needed for today’s automated test systems. From the ground up, the S251 Series amplifiers are built to withstand rugged handling, whether it’s being shipped to you or hauled around from site to site. They feature heavy-duty aluminum chassis construction with a modular approach for easy access and service.
Operation safety and ease of use are paramount in IFI product designs. The IFI S251 Series include a full complement of RF and hardware protection circuits including high VSWR, over-current, voltage protection, redundant thermal and airflow sensors for the module and the system level. In addition, the S251 series includes a state-of-the-art interface that is sophisticated, comprehensive, and yet simple to use.
The backlit LCD screen shows forward/reverse power indication, system status and self-diagnostic information. All the amplifiers operating parameters are simultaneously available in the amplifier front panel display as well as over the remote bus. Selection switches allow you to switch the amplifier to the desired mode of operation for local control if the unit is not being operated remotely.
For computer automation both an RS-232 and IEEE interface are provided as standard. To meet individual application needs, the S251 Series amplifiers can be easily customized with other options. With this capability and its reliable elegant design, the S251 series amplifiers are the perfect system for your applications.
Standard Features for IFI S251-Series Solid State Microwave Amplifiers
- VSWR Reflected Power Protection, the unit operates without damage or oscillation into any magnitude of phase or load impedance, Open and Short Circuit Protection.
- * Alternate Prime Power (specify at time of order)
- GPIB IEEE 488 and RS232 Remote Control
- RF Sample Port on the Front Panel, 112R for rear panel
- Internal Pre-amplification to obtain rated output power with an input level of 0 dBm or less.
- Gain Control Local and Remote, 30 dB range
- RF Input/Output Connectors on the Front Panel, 118R for rear panel
- Internal Systems Diagnostics and Status Indicators
- Total/Operate Elapsed Time Metering in hours
- RF Safety Interlock
- Forward/Reflected Power Indication simultaneously on Front Panel display
IFI S251-Series Solid State Microwave Amplifiers Specifications
- Input/output Impedance: 50 ohms
- RF Input/ Sample Connectors: Type N Female, unless specified otherwise
- RF Output Connector: Type N Female up to 500W amp, SC or 7/16 available, 7/16 1KW amps. Other connectors available by request or specification
- Input VSWR: 2.0:1
- Output VSWR: 2.5:1
- Operating Temp: 0º to 50º C
- Non-operating Temp: -40º to 70º C (50,000 feet max)
- Humidity: 95% without condensation
- Altitude: 10,000 feet
- Cooling System: Air cooled, self contained
- Modulation: AM, FM, Pulse
- Configuration: Rack Mount as specified in Model Table, or Rack/Cabinet Integrated
- Spurious Outputs: <-60 dBc nominal
- Harmonics: -20 dBc minimum @ Linear Power
- Standard Prime Powers:
100, 115, 120 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, single phase
220, 230, 240 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, single phase
120/208 or 200/220/230/240 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, three phase Wye or Delta power is available
200/220/230/240 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, three phase Wye or Delta power is available
- Special Prime Powers other then listed are subject to availability
Some Available Options for IFI S251-Series Solid State Microwave Amplifiers
- Option 110-1E: GPIB IEEE-488 RS232 and Ethernet Remote Control
- Option 110-2: GPIB IEEE-488 and RS 422 Remote Control
- Option 110-3: GPIB IEEE-488 and RS 485 Remote Control
- Option 113: Chassis slides for a 19″ rack mounting
- Option 118A: RF Input On Front Output On Rear
- Option 118B: RF Input On Rear Output On Front