GRAS 12AU 1-Channel Universal Power Module with signal conditioning and power amplifier
Typical applications and use
Electroacoustic tests of:
- Hearing aids
- Portable devices, for example, tablets, GPS, etc.
It is designed for automated production line testing of key loudspeaker parameters, such as frequency response, rub and buzz, THD, and impedance. The 12AU’s design makes it ideally suited for test of portable devices with built-in loudspeaker such as mobile phones, hearing aids, tablets, and GPS devices.
The inherent noise is very low, and by design, it avoids system-generated noise, for example from ground loops. In a measurement setup, it controls the paths of (a) the signal sent out to the loudspeaker and (b) the resulting acoustic signal picked up by a condenser microphone fitted to the preamplifier.
It is remotely controlled via its USB interface and is delivered with a control program for Microsoft Windows ®.
- Single-channel conditioning amplifier suited for both CCP and 200 V LEMO preamplifiers
- Very low inherent noise
- The speaker input and the analog outputs are floating with respect to common ground to avoid system-generated noise
- Speaker amplifier with measurement of loudspeaker impedance without disturbing the speaker
- Fulfills EMC requirements according to EU regulations
- Full remote control via USB interface
- Gain settings:
– Microphone conditioner: 0 to 50 dB in 10 dB steps
– Speaker amplifier: –20 dB to +10 dB in 10 dB steps
– Current output: 0 dB and +20 dB
– Microphone amplifier: 1 Hz or 20 Hz
– Speaker amplifier: DC or AC coupling (10 Hz)
- Comprehensive status and overload indication
- Rack-mountable in 19” rack.
Measurement Control with 12AU
In a complex measurement setup, it is often difficult to avoid system-generated noise. Also, it can be tedious to correctly set up all the parameters of the measurement chain with respect to sensitivity, gain, filtering and overload handling.
With the 12AU, you can control the loudspeaker amplifier and microphone conditioner simultaneously.
The 12AU is remote-controlled via its USB interface and a control program for Windows. You can operate the 12AU using a graphical user interface or by entering commands. Multiple 12AUs can be controlled from the same PC.
These features make the 12AU ideal for automated production line testing.
All outputs except the speaker amplifier output have fixed 100 kHz (3 dB) low pass filters to minimize the need for anti-aliasing filtering in the following analyzing equipment. There is no phase shift between microphone input and output due to prepolarized or externally polarized microphones. It is designed without relays.
All GRAS products are made of high-quality materials that will ensure life-long stability and robustness. The 12AU is delivered with a 2-year warranty. The warranty does not cover products that are damaged due to negligent use.
Service and Repairs
All repairs are made at GRAS International Support Center located in Denmark. Our Support Center is equipped with the newest test equipment and staffed with dedicated and highly skilled engineers. Upon request, we make cost estimates based on fixed repair categories. If a product covered by warranty is sent for service, it is repaired free of charge, unless the damage is the result of negligent use or other violations of the warranty.