SevenBel P12 SOUND SCANNER
Price on request
- Diameter of scan area:
- Weight (excl. sensor mount and tripod):
- Rotation frequency (min/typ/max):
0,2 / 2 / 5 revolutions/second
- Number of microphones:
- Battery life (fully charged):
Sevenbel P12 SOUND SCANNER
The Sevenbel P12 Sound Scanner has been specially developed for localizing sound events with high-frequency content in the audible as well as ultrasound domain. Its usable frequency range up to 44kHz makes it ideal for leakage testing of car cabins, containers and white goods as well as localization of gas leaks in compressed air systems and partial discharge in high voltage insulators.
The Sevenbel P12 is equipped with 8 ultrasound microphones scanning the incident sound field on a circular disk with a diameter of 12cm at virtually more than 400 microphone positions, thus making it the acoustic camera with the highest microphone density in the market.
The high density of information on the sound field is the key to the computation of acoustic images with a superior dynamic range, thus boosting the user’s confidence when analyzing sound events at a low sound pressure level from a long distance.
Weighing in at 700 grams only, the Sevenbel P12 is by far the lightest, most ergonomic acoustic camera on the market and supports one-handed manipulation in confined spaces.
ACOUSTIC CAMERAS IN MACHINERY CONSTRUCTION
The reduction of sound emissions is becoming increasingly important in the development of machinery. The use of sound pressure level meters enables one to determine whether a product or process complies with the legally prescribed limits – but what to do if that is not the case?
- Where do you start looking?
- Which component is causing the problem?
- Is a machine housing needed?
Seven Bel’s acoustic camera, the Sevenbel P12, allows machine builders to locate disturbing noises during development and on existing equipment. This makes it easier to implement targeted measures to sustainably reduce noise levels. In Seven Bel User Report – Mechanical Engineering, the Upper Austrian special machine builder Fill GmbH describes how this technology is used within the company’s environment.
ACOUSTIC CAMERAS IN BUILDING ACOUSTICS
Unwanted sound transmissions in buildings are a major problem – finding the cause can quickly become a guessing game.
The use of an acoustic camera in combination with an omnidirectional loudspeaker or a tapping machine provides building acousticians with information about all acoustic conditions within a building, e.g.:
- Sound transmissions between rooms and floors
- Acoustic leakages at e.g. doors and windows
- Sound reflections from objects such as ventilation systems and railing constructions
With Sound Scanners, measurements can be made quickly and efficiently at different locations. Even low-frequency sound events can be located and analyzed accurately with the Sevenbel P12. The civil engineering office Krückl-Seidel-Mayr & Partner already uses this technology in its daily business and benefits from increased efficiency. The experiences made have been summarized in a user report: Acoustic camera as ultrasmart assistant
- Diameter of scan area: 12 cm
- Weight (excl. sensor mount and tripod): 200 g
- Rotation frequency (min/typ/max): 0,2 / 2 / 5 revolutions/second
- Number of microphones: 8
- Battery life (fully charged): 6 hours
- Frequency range: 2,8 kHz – 44 kHz
- Spatial resolution at 5 kHz (3 dB dynamic range): 28 °
- Dynamic range: > 13 dB
- Computed images per revolution: up to 6
- Measuring distance: 0,5 m – infinity
- Sample frequency: 89 kHz
- Resolution: 24 bit
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 160 kHz
- Sensitivity tolerance: +/- 1 dB
- Maximum measurable sound pressure level: 132 dB
- Absolute maximum sound pressure level: N/A
- Real time display of time signal, sound pressure level in dB(A), frequency spectrum and spectrogram
- Stream/Pause mode
- Selection of time/frequency intervals and audio playback of the filtered signal
- Selection of frequency band
- Playback of filtered audio
- Single frame or time averaged frames
- Video playback
- Automated pdf report generation of single acoustic image or timed averaged images including meta data (time, location, notes, etc.), time signal, spectrum and spectrogram
- Export and import of measurements in zip format via installed file sharing apps (e.g. Google Drive)
- Operating temperature: -10 °C – 60 °C
- Relative humidity: 45 % – 85 %
- Operating system: Android OS version 10 or higher
For more information: SevenBel
Click here for related products: Sound Scanners